Welcome To Super Mario Bros Movies!
As we know Super Mario Bros is absolutely amazing fact how simple little jumping man Mario became pioneering and highly influential Super Mario. Super Mario Bros is greatest game of all time! Wouldn’t you agree…
Did you know that:
- Due to the popularity, Mario has appeared in over 200 video games.
- The Super Mario Bros series is in the Guinness Book of Records due to the fact that is the most successful gaming franchise of all time.
- Since 1995, Charles Martinet, American voice actor, provided the voice of Mario. He also voices Luig and Wario.
- The 1993 movie, Super Mario Bros, was first attempt of Hollywood to create a video game tie-in. Unfortunately, it was a commercial and critical and failure, receiving criticism for its storyline, characters and dialogue. Watch this Super Mario Bros movie below and leave your comment is you agree or disagree with the critics!
- The Game Boy title Super Mario Land that was released in 1989 introduces a new female character, Princess Daisy. Daisy replaced Mario’s usual love interest – Princess Peach.
- The ghostly Boo enemies that was found in Super Mario 64, are based on the wife of the game’s co-designer T. Tezuka. As Miyamoto explained: “Mr. Tezuka got an idea about putting his wife in the game. His wife is very quiet normally, but one day she exploded, maddened by all the time he spent at work. In the game, there is now a character who shrinks when Mario looks at it, but when Mario turns away, it will grow large and menacing.” One day of madness and she is famous forever! Not bad at all…
- The Chain Chomp enemies in Super Mario Bros 3 were inspired by an incident in Miyamoto’s childhood. A neighbour’s dog chased the terrified genius, before it was yanked back by its chain. Uph… horrible story inspiration. The Chain Chomp enemies look like steel black balls with razor sharp teeth.
- A Q Score survey in the early 90th showed that Mario was more recognizable to American children than Mickey Mouse. Interesting fact!
- The iconic soundtrack to Super Mario Bros was provided by Nintendo composer K. Kondo. The most recognizable pieces of game music ever recorded is the main theme, also known as ‘Ground Theme’. The tune remained in the Billboard ringtone charts for 125 weeks and has been performed in concert by live orchestras. You can listen it below.
- The first Super Mario Bros game has sold 40.24 million copies was considered the best-selling game of all time. Recently it has been pushed into second place on 41.65 million units by Wii Sports.
- No always Mario was a good guy. Mario officially stars as the antagonist in Donkey Kong Jr, the 1982 sequel to Donkey Kong. He has trapped poor Donkey Kong in a cage. The Donkey Kong’s son must rescue his father. Mario even gets a specially twirled moustache to highlight his evil nature.
- The look of Mario is all about the hardware’s graphical limitations at the time. The realistic hair was difficult to portray so Mario has a hat. Mario has a moustache to accentuate his nose. To make his arm movements more noticeable he has dungarees.
- Mario was not originally a plumber. He was originally a carpenter. He’s also appeared as a doctor. It was in the 1990 puzzle title Dr Mario.
- Mario, originally, was known as Jumpman. The name was changed when Nintendo’s US office were trying to think of a better name in time for the American game release. They were interrupted by their landlord Mario Segale… after whom the office christened the character. Now we know Mario’s last name, perhaps… Just kidding!
OK, now it’s movie time. Have your popcorn ready!